teething 18 month old help!!!!

my son is finally teething for the first time since he was 11 months old. he has 4 on top front and 4 bottom front and noe a canine and a random tooth is comin in i can definately see the canine poking through. he doesnt seem to be bothered at night (plz dont let me have jinxed myself) but during the day he is very intermittently crabby my nurse told me to give him tylenol but i called a local nurse line and trhey said not to???? so i am quite confused on how to help him. im wondering what some of you other mommies do for your lil ones during these times???? all tips and tricks welcomed (plz keep mean comments to yourself). also should i keep brushing his teeth right now i did it last night and noticed it was causeing the area to bleed a lil so i kinda wondered if i shouldnt have.

tylersmommy54

Asked by tylersmommy54 at 2:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When my son is teething i give him tylonel and i put a damp rag in the freezer and let him naw on that. It seems to do wonders for my son....good luck I hope it gets better and dosnt lst long
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• if you brush do it very gently, maybe just a rubber gum cleaner thing like they have for very small babies? its ok to give him tylenol for teething if you're sure that's whats making him fussy or if he has a slight fever. Have you tried Teething Tablets? they're made by Hyland's and they're very helpful, all natural too! My son also has LOTS of popsicles and i don't worry too much when he starts chewing on toys or whatever, i know he's in pain :( my ds has 4 front top and bottom and all his back molars and is just starting to get his canines in, those always seem to be the worst for my kids but he's doing ok so far, top two have broken through but not the bottom :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i gave all 3 of my boys Tylenol! And with my oldest boy he was in so much pain (Screaming) the doc told me to alternate between Ibuprofen and Tylenol every3.5-4 hours! He started teething a 3 months and had all his teeth when he was 20 months!You need to listen to you doctor..... They know your child better than a phone nurse. There is Oral gel to put on their gums. Also maybe try make water Popsicle. Oh! something I tried with my last boy was freezing fruit on a Popsicle stick... like strawberries and peach slices. He loved that!
    shastamarie

Answer by shastamarie at 9:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010