Would there be any reason why EDD would deny my claim?

Ok so I got fired three weeks ago from my job and filed a claim with EDD-the unemployment office here in Califirnia, and they havent issued me any checks..would there be any reason why they arent paying me?

RaulitosMommy

Asked by RaulitosMommy at 3:01 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• it could be because of the reason you were fired, if the company showed valid reason to fire you, you won't get anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• like what...supposedly they said i had no more sick time and i had the flu so i called in sick
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 3:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• if you had no sick days and called in, they can technically file that as a no show for work and you get nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Did they call you for an interview yet? It does take several weeks, and they won't deny you without telling you. Call EDD.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:15 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Ok, heres the thing...you file your initial claim, then wait a week. Then you file your claim the following week to begin your waiting period, which means you do not get paid that week. Then when you file again, you will get paid starting then.

Now, the reason you have not been paid could be a lot of things...a delay means there is a problem. Your employer may have contested the claim, or you may have filed incorrectly/incompletely (i have done it) or errors on the computer from their end.
    You need to contact the unemployment office and ask them what is up, nd they will be happy to answer to answer any question you may have. I had to call them, and I was new to it, so I felt I was asking dumb questions, but the representative was very nice, and put me at ease.
    babygirlpj2007

Answer by babygirlpj2007 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2008