Heard today that strep throat and the stomach bug is going around big time...

who has a child that has one of these or had it in the past month? I am so hoping it doesn't make it's rounds here because it goes around all 8 of us, then comes back for round 2.

(I was told this at the peditrician office today, during my daughter's 8 yr. old well check-up)

motherof4and2

Asked by motherof4and2 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My son had the stomach virus. He was throwing up and had diarrhea for three days. His doctors office kept dismissing it so we had to take him in the hospital because he was so bad he didn't want to move. My son is 2
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my son got a fever 103.9 last night and now vomiting and my youngest is starting now! i went to a party now were all sick! it must be going around
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 2:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We haven't had it ourselves, our neighbors up the street all of them had strep. Strep has a 1-3 day incubation period and is spread thru direct contact so keep the hand sanitizer ready and don't share drinks. Stomach bug not much you can do past washing hands. It is making rounds.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We just had a 24 hour stomach bug last week. Ds puked once and had diarrhea for a day; SO felt nauseous/queasy for a day, and he was a bit sluggish/sore. But it knocked me on my a$$, I spent half the day puking and couldn't hold down any food/liquid. None of us had a fever at all.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 2:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Knock on wood! Not yet!
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 11:55 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Neither of these have we had. We all had bad colds though. It hit this area very early and I hadn't started my immune boosting supplements yet.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• my daugther cought a cold and now her class has it, i'm getting it and my mother has it. just the throat though.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 1:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• Oh, wow!  These things always start as soon as school starts. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2010

• They have hit our school pretty hard. My DD has already been sick
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 26, 2010

• My 5yr old brought me home a cold from school. Nasty, nasty cold. She's much better now, I've been really sick for 2 weeks. But now her entire class has it or has had it and she started coughing again last night. Oh joy!!
    jesgirl83

Answer by jesgirl83 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2010