What would you do if you thought your child's father was teaching them to lie to you?

My daughter(8) and I were talking the other day and she told me she liked the smell and taste of apricots. I ask her where she had eaten one and she told me at her someday step brother's(10) grandparents. I ask her were they live and she told me another state. I then ask if she had been to their house and she said yes. I ask her how long it took to get there and she said we left really early in the morning and got there about lunch time. Then she looked at me wide eyed and said but I didn't really go there. I said then were did you see them at. She said oh I meant at his aunts house (in the same city as we live in) Then she started crying and telling me she really hadn't gone to another state. This seems really weird to me and I promised her I would not be mad at her but she stuck to it. Truthfully I would be mad at him but not her. We are supposed to let the other know where the kids are. All he had to do was call.

angelsynn

Asked by angelsynn at 2:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would mention it to him.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• But if he told her not to tell me then he would only lie to me and get on to her right. I know that he lies to me I have caught him in the act several times.
    angelsynn

Comment by angelsynn (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would mention it to him. I would also talk to him about teaching my daughter to lie to me, if that is what I thought was going on.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010