Afraid I'm gonna screw myself...

I've gone a week without eating sweets. For me, this is huge lol. I have also cut out snacking and have eaten extremely healthy. I've lost 8 1/2 pounds in 3 ish weeks this way. I still have a long way to go, 20 pounds to reach my pre pregnant weight, 50 to my minimum goal weight.

I find that even though I have given myself permission to indulge in my sweet tooth once a week, I don't WANT to this time. I'm too motivated by the weight loss I've seen and don't want to screw it up, mostly, but also... the craving just isn't there.

I'm afraid if I DON'T let myself have a treat that I'll overindulge later :(

What do you ladies think?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• have one cheat meal on the weekends and do some cardio after... =) I promise everything will be fine if you limit yourself.... I did fitness competitions prior to my pregnancy (and I hope to continue them after) but my cheat meals on the weekend were beer drinking... but I made myself do an hour of cardio the next morning no matter how shitty I fealt... being disciplined doesnt mean being deprived ;-)

congrats on the WL
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 2:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If your not craving it don't eat it.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Don't beat yourself up if you indulge. That is what causes you to overindulge. It's ok to allow yourself a treat. Just not several in one sitting and not one every day.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'd stay away from sweets, if you aren't craving them you don't need them.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 2:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010