• In the Spotlight:

Ok so my toe is black!

I'm very accident prone, but I injured myself in a new way. I was walking through a door and I caught the corner of it with my little pinkie toe!!! Under the nail has turned three lovely shades of black, blue and purple and has been like this for about a month now. Does the color go away?? It's soo ugly and hubby teases me and calls me rotten toe....

(ironically he dropped something on HIS toe and it's black now too. LOL)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• ha thats funny he got an injured toe too now. what goes around comes arond huh? lol

i had something like that and it went away after like a month month in a half or so....
    oh and my nail didnt fall off
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• more than likely, your toenail will probably come off. don't worry it will grow back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My dad had something like that with his fingernail. It takes months for it to go away. Be lucky the pinky toe isnt broke, because that hurts like hell.. just been through it. lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It sure hurt like when I kicked that damn door!!! I hopped around singing the "fuck" song. LOL. I was so pissed I wanted to kick the door again!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Nails which are blue or black have most likely been injured. The discoloration is often due to a small collection of blood trapped under the surface of the nail. If the entire nail has been injured, it may detach from the nail bed and fall off. Injured nails can be soaked in warm water to relieve pain. Once the nail has dropped from the finger, apply a small amount of antibacterial cream to the nail bed and cover with a bandage or cotton guaze until new growth appears. Injuries can also cause spots or streaks, which will heal themselves with time.
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 3:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2008