Does Anyone Know Anything About Prayer Cloths??

I know that a prayer cloth is a cloth that someone or a church has prayed over, u can pray for someone over it & then give it to them. This to me, would be sorta like a bible.. My fiances (Steven) ex wife & her whole family & I have never gotten along until here recently & we only get along because we have 2. We got full custody of Keggin & the mother & her side of the family gets supervised visitation @ McDonalds every other Sunday bc of drug abuse & neglecting Keggin. These people are CRAZYYY! The ex wife's mom gave me a prayer cloth Sunday. She never said what she prayed over it, or if she prayed for me. Tuesday, I got burnt by a curling iron @ a hair saloon & have 1st & 2nd degree burns on my hand.. 2day(Wed.) my stepson, Keggin, run me over with the golf cart..In the last 4 years nothing like this has happened to me. Can someone pray that bad things happen 2 u over this cloth? I don't know much about it so please help!!

ManthaCole9406

Asked by ManthaCole9406 at 2:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• no, that's silly! my first reaction was to tell you to just use it with Pledge to dust the piano..the things that have happened to you are simply coincidences.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Ok. A few friends of mine were like, GET RID OF IT! Lol, I don't know anything about stuff like that so I just wanted to know. However, I do believe I will give it back to her or something? Also, My dad said the same thing u did. I guess things just happen.
    ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• What religion are they?
    If it would make you feel better then get rid of it. Don't feel guilty over it, just toss it away from your home.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If she is Christian and she prayed something that is NOT positive, THAT is a curse plain and simple.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• sorry i don't...
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 3:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• She is Christian, so she says..but I don't think TRUE Christians do drugs, eat pills, & cuss. She is goody goody 2 ur face & behind ur back she does whatever she can 2 try 2 hurt u. Like I said, they are all druggies, & they called social services on US saying we had "abused" Keggin & left knuckle prints where we punched him, holler & cuss at him, scold him, etc, etc, etc. The social worker went out 2 their home that very day 2 check Keggin & there were NO BRUISES, NO MAKRS, NO ANYTHING.. they were trying 2 get US in trouble because they knew that they were the ones doing all of those things & we were in the middle of a custody battle & they were trying 2 do whatever they could 2 "help" themselves.. I told the social worker the truth & allowed them 2 search & investigate us. Needless 2 say,they figured out the truth & started watching them & got them for neglect, child abuse, & substance abuse & we got full custody of Keggin!!
    ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Christians can also bring curses. It sounds like thats what happened. I suggest you just break the power of the curse. Words do have power and she obviously used that in a negative way. I would just get rid of it and anoint your home with oil and ask God to reign in your home and close any door from the demonic in Jesus name. If you are a Christian you need to know you are covered by the blood of Jesus but you also NEED to believe that. The enemy plays on our weakness which includes not believing.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• She always makes the comment "All I can do is pray about it".. & how do I anoint my home with oil? Can I do it myself or get a preacher? I know that I am covered by the blood of jesus but sometimes life throws you curve balls. Like I said before, I use to go to church on a regular basis but fell out of touch, now I want to get back into it. So when things like this happen, I can reasure myself.
    ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• up until 4 years ago, I had no clue what they were. But, then my mil got sick, and her father (a minister) brought her prayer cloths from some of the members at church who had prayed for her with them. When he brought them, he prayed for her, and that was the first time I'd witnessed the Holy Spirit speaking through Man. It was incredible!!!! A few days later, she was better and I believe it was the prayers to God that helped her.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• a prayer cloth is NOT a voodoo doll. You can't have God spite someone for you. It doesn't work that way. It was probably just a coincidence. People give prayer cloths out of love, and it's always a prayer for God's will to be done.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010