Does anyone else have problems with depression or something mental??

If so do you go to a therapist or a psychotherapist??
How do you feel about it??
Do you take meds??
If so why??
And if not why??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• Hello there. I have Bi-Polar as well. I have dealing with this for about 15 years. Well that is when i was really diagnosed with it. It started out as depression and always on meds for it. I just deal with it and take my meds knowing if i don't, there will be problems. No i don't like what i have, have lost many friends because of it of them not understanding it. My Depression and Bi0Polar was the cause from a truck/pedistrian accident when i was 3. I got hit and it has caused several problems in my life. So i see a Psychiatrist for therapy and medication.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 3:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I deal with anxiety and depression. Right now I am not currently seeing anyone for it. It's been almost a year since I've been to any therapy. We just haven't been able to afford it over the last year, but I want to start again soon. For the most part I feel pretty good, and ever since my twins were born in June I've been doing ok. But lately I feel down again for some reason. I just started taking Prozac again, I stopped when I had my babies. I'm glad I started taking my meds again because like I said before I've been feeling down again.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 2:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have Bipolar I and its hard to deal with. For years I was in denial about it, and I had some normal moments so I figured the other people were crazy to think I had it. I finally 'snapped' about 2 years ago, after a long depression I was put on anti-depressants that throttle my mania. I honestly think and felt like I was completely crazy and had absolutely no control over my actions, which I know is hard for people to understand but I just couldn't stop. I have been going to a counselor for 3 years (I started because of the severe depression) during that time she helped me realize I was bipolar. I know go to a psychiatrist as well for the medication. I've been leveling out over the past year, its helping. I still have set backs and they are pretty bad but for the most part I feel like the counseling and the medication help.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have OCD, Yes I go o a Therapist
    I hate having OCD and I denied it for a LONG time and it only got worse. It also made me depressed.
    Yeah I took meds for quite a while, but they are not safe in pregnancy so I quit them to TTC
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have quite a few mental issues. I go see a therapist whenever I can. I refuse to take meds though. I hate meds and only take them when absolutely necessary. I also love my therapy appointments.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm depressed. We're jobless, no insurance and I'm battling a horrible disease. I live in constant pain and can't afford my meds. I just try to get by.. Life is not good here. I wish you all the healing and correct meds. to heal you.I've been on depression meds. before but went off cold turkey. When we had no more insurance or means to pay for anything. So I have 'scripts written out but I won't fill them since I can't afford them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Anxiety, Psychotherapist
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have general anxiety and have had repeated panic/anxiety attacks in the past. I pray and lean on God A LOT. I have never seen a therapist for it. I think it's biological and not situational, although situations can obviously make it worse. I'm not against medication, but when I was on anti-depressants the last year of my failing divorce, they made me very very apathetic. I also know others on Prozac and they always lose their filter. In other words, people on that drug say whatever comes to mind without thinking about the consequences of how it will make other's feel. Anti-depressants and all drugs affect all people differently so be careful starting them. Some of the side affects (like suicidal ideation) are even worse than the mental disorder itself. Best wishes to everyone answering here, especially Anonymous. I will keep you in my prayers!!!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 5:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010