Current events, but this seriously is making me sick.

In Georgia, an 11 year old girl, babysitter, beat a 2 year old to death. She told the mom that the toddler fell off the bed. But the autopsy showed beating on the head, abdomen, and I think the buttocks.
As if mom's beating their kids isn't bad enough. Then mom's boyfriends. Then adult babysitters. Now minor babysitters? Please tell me this will be an isolated thing, not a new trend. (maybe I need to stop watching the news, HLN)

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Thats sick.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think I'm traumatized now. Especially after seeing the poor mom crying.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Wow that's insane!! Hopefully its just an isolated thing!!
    Mommy_2_Genella

Answer by Mommy_2_Genella at 2:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• An 11 year old is way too young to watch a child no matter what age if you ask me.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• But you know what I mean? About trends? It happened with men murdering preggo wives. Mom's murdering their babies. Mom's BF's beating their kids. I just hope this doesn't catch on now. I don't think I could handle it. And I don't have kids that young anymore.
    Raine2001

Comment by Raine2001 (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I hope it is just an isolated thing
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't think children make very good child care providers.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have an 11 year old. she is allowed to watch the kids in the living room while I'm fixing dinner. (I can still hear them, and still peek my head in, the door opens between the two. An eleven year old isn't capable of being alone with a child.)

this poor mom lost two kids. How do you look at the eleven year old after?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, it's an old trend: Mary Flora Bell (born 26 May 1957 in Newcastle upon Tyne, England) was convicted in December 1968 of the manslaughter of two boys, Martin Brown (aged four years) and Brian Howe (aged three years). Bell was ten years old at the time of one of the killings, and eleven at the time of the other.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 2:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The media promotes trends so they will get ratings. I don't know how often this stuff happens, but it's sad either way!
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010