Have you ever passed a kidney stone?

If so how big was it? How badly did it hurt? My Dr. says I have one that measures 2mm. He says I wont even notice it when I pass it. Is he telling me the truth or full of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• I doubt he would lie, because you are going to see him again. But I have had friends say that it is terribly painful. I do not know sizes.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• it's possible you will hardly feel it.... I had a big one pass and was on the floor crying for about 4 hours.. it all depends on your pain tolerance and the size of the stone.

If it's not hurting I wouldnt worry... just spend the day indoors, have a good movie to watch, and a comfy bed with a bathroom near by just in case ;-)

but as mentioned before... if you already know theres a stone and it hasent hurt you a bit chances are you will be alright..
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 2:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Doctors always say you won't feel a thing. lol But if he said that, if it does hurt, it probably won't be bad. I sure hope not! I'll pray for ya.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I had one that I passed through my urethra and let me tell you I would rather do childbirth with no epidural than to experience the pain of passing that stone again. Once you pass one believe me you WILL NEVER FORGET IT!

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• no thank God, ive heard they're painful!
    HuntersMom25

Answer by HuntersMom25 at 8:13 AM on Sep. 24, 2010