How do i get my two year old out of my bed please help

MIMI1124

Asked by MIMI1124 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine were in there at 2 also. They were out by 4.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Hate to say it, but ....tough love! Got to just do it and stick with it. If you can be consistent for a few days, you may find your child sleeping in their own bed quicker than you expect. I still get up occassionally at night with my 18 mnth yr old..(youngest of 3 girls) but, even in the middle of the night, I make it a point to comfort her for a little bit - and put her back in her own room (unless she is sick or something out of the ordinary is going on..I might make a concession). Its going to be a bit hard the first couple of nights while he/she cries it out/gets used to it - but it'll be worth it! I also find having a bed time routine you stick to every night helps the kids wind down.....dinner, bath, story, bed...etc.
    texasmom010409

Answer by texasmom010409 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• bump
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I haven't tried this, yet, so I don't know how well it works. But eventually I plan to use this method.

http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/gentletranstition.html
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2010