What To Do?

My dd jut turned 3 yesterday. She decided that she would not take a nap. Today the same thing. She needs her naps or she is so grumpy. Right now, she is haveing a tempertauntrum becasue I made her stay in her room. She is tired.She just won't take a nap. What do I do to get her to take one or at least to rest for 1 hour.

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 2:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Good luck with that! lol My son stopped taking naps when he was 2.5. He just plain refuses to take them, he'll stay awake for hours just laying in bed. All I did was move up his bedtime so that he gets a full 12 hours of sleep at night. That seems to work well most of the time and he turns 4 in a couple of weeks.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 3:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Be consistent and do not give in. You give in and she wins. Once she sees that it is not her choice, hopefully she will settle back down. Did someone like an older sibling tell her that three year olds do not take naps?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Just allow her to stay in her room for an hour. She can either scream it out or fall asleep. You could also try taking her on a long car ride to help ease her into sleep as well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• She is probably done with naps. It's a tough adjustment, but you will all adjust.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my daughter turned 3 yesterday and she refused naps when she was like 1 and a half. What i do to get her to lay down is i put on a movie in her room like princess and frog or something that she wants to watch to get her to calm down and relax and sometimes she takes a na and sometimes she dnt. but it is hard to get her to calm down
    mya81707

Answer by mya81707 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Make her lay down on the couch and watch her favorite TV show
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 23, 2010