my 9 wk old dd is cranky in the evenings...

and it seems worse when we go to my parents house...we go there almost every evening so its nothing new to her...is she just tired and wanting to be home? if you have grandkids, would you be annoyed if your kids brought them over and you had to deal with hearing the fussiness ??.....i usually pick up my nephew from school for my sis and then we go there and i cook dinner for everyone so while im doing that someone is trying to entertain the baby...its just is really stressful for me...i feel like a nuisance but they always act more than happy to have us there...what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Babies get overstimulated. Especially sensitive ones. Mine got overstimulated so easily, especially at the end of the day (bout 16:00-17:00 because of overexposure during the day. Also too many faces, noises, people holding her, she'd get impossible. I eventually limited exposure to those things untill her nervous system developed a bit more. It didn't affect her development one bit. She's the smiliest, chattiest 6 month old now. And doesn't mind noise and people that much anymore.
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 5:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I am sure they undesrtand and aren't bothred by the fussiness. It is probably that she's tired. It could be that she's hungry. Wanting a bottle. Something of that nature. It could be very overwhelming for her to have all of that attention, even if you've been doing it since she was born. Make sure she isn't hungry and if she is tired then have someone rock her to sleep in a quiet room while you prepare dinner.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Dinnertime is always a stressful time for babies. I think it's because mom is busy and can't hold them/nurse them. It will pass soon, don't worry. Maybe sis can cook once in a while and you can sit with baby.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• try getting her to eat before you start dinner she full and happy i know my son had a lot of health proublems so we would put some rice ceral in his bottle to help him but if she like my son she may just want to be at home in her house so she can rest better
    CarlaJean99

Answer by CarlaJean99 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my 2 week old used to do really well at night time but latley she seems to be nocturnal! she falls asleep so easily during the day and when it come to night time shes up every 2 hours! UGH the lack of sleep is starting to hit me!!
    hotmommy420

Answer by hotmommy420 at 8:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010