Do You Believe People Who Have Passed Can Have Contact With The Living?

I grew up in church, but don't remember anything at all.. I know that's sad, but now that I'm older I am trying 2 learn more about it. This may sound silly to some, but it's a question I have often wondered.. My God Daughter, Lillie-Grey (2 years old) recently lost her mother, Candice (my cousin) December 1, 2009. I know she is only 2 but she was there when her grandmother found Candice, she watched them do CPR on her, & she was there when her mom left in the ambulance. Lillie-Grey often sits in the floor on her fake cell phone talking 2 her "mom". She told my nana one day that her mommy told her that she was in Heaven, she loved her, & she missed her. I know kids have imaginations, but at this age? I had a dream that Candice's body was under her bed (weird I know!) & a couple of weeks after the dream, Lillie-Grey told us that there was a "booger" under her the bed. Can this really happen?

ManthaCole9406

Asked by ManthaCole9406 at 3:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think she is only two and doesn't understand.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Okay, thanks!!
    ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't think anyone really knows the answer the question.

Personally, I always thought that once someone is n heaven, that's it...maybe they can see you, but they can't visit you.
    However, my husband passed on Dec 5, 2009 and while we were driving around making arrangements we were stopped at a red light and this car swerved from behind us, into oncoming traffic, then crashed into a undercover cop car and sent them flying into a pole. I had enough time to make the light, but I swear something pushed on my leg to stop at yellow. Maybe it was intuition, maybe it was my husband pushing on my leg...who knows...but had I not stopped that car would have smacked into me (3 months prego) and my 17 month old son.

for a few months after my husband passed, my son used to sit by the window and say Dada over and over and smile and laugh.

It's been almost 10 months, and I'm still trying to make sense out of the two above mentoned thi
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Omg when I read this it gave me chills.. I think that nobody REALLY knows the answer, but there is a lot of opinions about it. Lillie does stuff all the time that makes me think twice. I look a lot like her mom (Candice) besides the fact that I'm only 5'1 & Candice was about 5'6. Everytime Lillie see's me she locks her eyes on me, my mom says I must remind her of Candice..and she always plays in my hair, something she use to do to her moms all the time. She told my nana that her mommy had the prettiest hair and that she was soo pretty.
    ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yes
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 3:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I do believe our energies continue on in the world around us. I do believe there are times that we can feel them, hear them, see them. I've had experiences before...too many to discount this possibility.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• See, I'm jealous because this may sound crazy but I want to see Candice & there are so many unanswered questions & what REALLY happened, WHY? It bothers me every day that I don't know the true reason behind her death! I just wish I could have one more day with her, to talk to her, maybe encourage her to stop doing the things that she was doing & help her realized that Lillie-Grey was the most important thing in her life & it's not fair to Lillie that she was brought into this world & now she's without a mother to teach her everything she needs to know when she's growing up... Gah, it hurts my feelings so bad..I miss her!!!
    ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes. I believe that when we die we simply pass on to another phase of life - the after life. At this point we become what we call "guardian angels" for those who continue... And eventually move on to the next physical life.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I know that it does. My childhood was peppered with such experiences. Don't discredit Lily-Grey's experiences. The young have a stronger connection to the Other Side than most adults do, since they have so recently left it to be born into OUR world. I receive messages as an adult but they aren't nearly as clear as the ones Lily is getting--or the ones I got when I was a child. Her mommy's messages are all those that our loved ones who have crossed over try to give us. I lost most of my gifts in adulthood. Encourage the child and she may pass on the message that YOU need from the other side! Their life is changed with the death of their human body. But it is NOT over!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I've always thought that she knew exactly what she was talking about because no one had mentioned anything to her about Candice.. they took all the pictures down, packed all her stuff & put it away because they didn't know what or how to explain it to her.. And this is when she was telling them what her mommy told her. Lillie-Grey is a spitting image of Candice & it hurts so bad, but on the other hand, it helps because it's almost like looking and talking to Candice again.
    ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010