how do I stop my kid ..

from being a nudist? Ever since she started going potty she just wants to be naked.. even when I awarded her with super awesome big girl underwear..it's a battle everyday to get clothes on this kid when we want to go out or when someone comes over

..she's 2.5

bingbong

Asked by bingbong at 3:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is a phase. I don't know,maybe the rewards system.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• take her shopping and let her pick some clothes she likes...she will be more likely to wear them
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• oh..she has picked almost every outfit she currently owns besides the ones that were given to us..sometimes i can get her to successfully wear her princess costume for 5 min..
    bingbong

Comment by bingbong (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Dude, I did that until I was like 4. Shrug. I think it just feels nice to be naked so they do it. Maybe stop the battle completely at home and just let her be nakey, but as soon as you get to the car (bring the clothes) explain that it's not safe or comfy to get in the carseat without clothes, so let's put on clothes and take them back off when we get home.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My DS,2, likes to run around with a t-shirt and no bottoms and now thanks to my DH he tells me, "Mommy, I Porky Piggy!"
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010