question about unemployment...

i still CANNOT FIND A JOB!!! im getting worried becaue i only have a couplle wks of unemp left! i called them and they said that after this tier my FEDERAL will be exhausted so i will go on to STATE...anyone done this? how many weeks is the STATE unemp? im in INDIANA btw...any info would be appreciated

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have been on unemployment for 1 year and 5 months now. I am currently on state unemployment in TEXAS I believe it is 16 weeks. I just got a part time job but it is no where what i was making so i am still getting money from my job and unemployment, which is good because I am 5 months pregnant so we need any money we can get.

mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 3:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We r in Illinois. Hi neighbor! My hubby is on unemployment and he lost his job after 23 years!! His is up sometime next year. i can't answer your question,call the local office and see what they say. Good luck. Can u message me and let me know what they say. thanks.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You get federal BEFORE state in Indiana? It's the reverse in CA...but here's the FAQ from your state. 26 weeks, according to the online info.

https://secure.in.gov/dwd/2431.htm

Answer by gdiamante at 3:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i know in missouri there is like 3 tres to go throw my husband is on the second one i know that if you still havinng trouble finding a job they help you go back to school check and see what they say on that
    CarlaJean99

Answer by CarlaJean99 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I feel for you situation. Many people have looked into a home business. My team leader created a great Free training to help those looking to work from home www.ceomomsonline.com Then if you decide you want to know more go to my site www.athomewithfamily.com

Many blessings and prayers for you.
    mrk34

Answer by mrk34 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Go to the unemployment website they will have the answers to your questions.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have no idea, I live in Indiana as well. I just got a job making over 9 dollars an hour and didn't have to put in much effort. It must really depend on what part you are living in.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• How many weeks were you on Federal?
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 3:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm Sorry. We don't live in your state. But DH lost his job 21 months ago. He was going on working there 25 years! Times are tough! Extensions are there. But its Scary. Soon he'll run out.There aren't jobs here. Then we'll have no income and my illness. Good Luck.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• In Ohio, you do the state before federal. Sorry, I couldn't be any more help.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010