Is anyone out there a military wife?

I am looking for women who have experienced 4 or more deployments and/or a spouse w/ PTSD and have experience and insight to share.

Katjafish

Asked by Katjafish at 3:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• i am a army wife 3 deployments with my hubby and he has ptsd would that work?
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 3:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I am but my hubby does not have PTSD bumped so hopefully you will get some help.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• :) It'll work just fine. I'm just trying to find women who know what it's like to experience the ups and downs of being w/ someone in the military. My hubby has deployed 5 times. Getting ready for #6. When he's home it's like walking on eggshells w/ him. If he doesn't have PTSD it's definitely severe combat stress. Sometimes I think I'm losing my mind. Not sure if I'm making up issues or if I'm contributing or what to do to help, I do know that I am feeling like I don't have much left in me. Every time he has an "episode" it drains me that much more and I can't be the only one trying to hold everyone up.
    Katjafish

Comment by Katjafish (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My hubby has only deployed once so far. He's gone to Korea though.
    I suggest you going to therapy, and once you have gone, asking him to go with you, to support you. (talk with the therapist about all this, of course.) This way, the therapist can 'bring' him into it. Without him actually knowing it. He can get some help without really knowing until it's already going on. If you call around to different therapists, find out first if they deal with PTSD. You need one that can help with it, so they can help you help him. Or help you deal with him. It would be a sneaky way of getting him help. Also, find out if there are marriage retreats where ya'll are stationed. We haven't been able to go on any cause all of the E-5 and below snag all the slots. And some have gone 4-5 times when some haven't gone at all. We are trying to go to one. You guys should try to go. Talk with your chaplain. The military has tons of resources though.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my husband had ptsd (he passed in dec 09) but I would be glad to help you with anything
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Talk with your FRO to see if they have any suggestions on what resources are available to help yall
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i was the same way as you i think at one point i would look the wrong way and it would start he finally got put on pills and i have seen a big differance in him and life is so much easyer now i enjoy having him home has he talked to anyone about it yet? if you would like send me a message and we can talk
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 6:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010