Anybody test positive for Group B strep? Any complications during labor?

SweetOrangeMama

Asked by SweetOrangeMama at 3:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My sister had that happen with all 4 of her pregnancies. She didn't have any complications.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I did and did not have any complications. I have an Aunt that tested positive and was never given the proper medications and they lost their little one due to it It is sad but just make sure that you understand what is going on.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I tested positive and was given an iv of penicillin during labor. My second one was born so fast that there was only time to give me one of the two doses of penicillin before he was born, so he had to have a shot after he was born. Neither of mine had any complications.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i always do just have to take antibiotic and get to the hospital soon and do not let any one sweep your membrains that will cause problems for the baby! but other than that your fine
    saadamarie

Answer by saadamarie at 9:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I had it and i had a wonderful labor and delivery and my dd was and is perfect goodluck and try not to worry to much...
    Nataleesmom09

Answer by Nataleesmom09 at 4:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2010