MIL question

We use to live right across the street from my MIL, which did not work!! She is one of those people that try to tell you how to do this, and always in your buisness. Me and my husband moved to a different city and me and my MIL started getting along really great! (Keep in mind we BOUGHT a house) Now she has moved less then a mile from my new house and I am concerned it may start all over again. My husband says he won't allow it, but saying and doing is two different things. Any ideas?

motherof4and2

Asked by motherof4and2 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Your hubby may be right. Things may not be the same. Just see how it'll go. Hope it goes well for you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Dont stress about it, and have confidence in your hubby that he wont let things get out of hand! Good luck, hopefully it will work out great.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 3:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I always say.. Hope for the best, expect the worse.
    Just deal with it if it starts happening again. Wish you the best of luck!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Be optimistic and politely deal with each issue as it comes up. Try to build on the good things between the two of you. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• At the first sign of her doing the same things, stand up for yourself and tell her to go away.
    halliebug

Answer by halliebug at 8:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• you may have to get nasty with her and tell her to stay out of your guys business , sometimes thats the only thing that works for people.
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010