any tips on how to increase my water intake

i have never drank enough water. i did quiz online and it said i should be drinking 3 ltrs of water per day. gosh i'm lucky if i have one. i am breast feeding and i know i should drink more. i have tried putting lime or lemon in my water but i get tired of that as well. what are ways to dress up water or mind tricks, etc to help me get used to drinking water as part of my daily routine. it's not just water i just don't drink much of anything. i just don't see how i can drink more.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 3:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• It's tough to add it to your diet when you're not used to it. One of the ways I increased my intake is to drink a big (think 12oz+) glass of water before every meal. Just make it the precursor to every meal, period. I also sometimes mix up a jug of water with a couple packets of Crystal Light...so it's not full strength and you don't get all that extra artificial sweetener, but it's enough to make it less boring. GL!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Maybe adding crystal light to your water would help? My OB told me I need to be drinking 100 oz of water a day (and that's super hard for me lol) and she suggested always bring a bottle of water in the car with me because it's something you can do in the car etc. Also I have found that having a water cooler makes me drink so much more water. It isn't too expensive (like $30 a month) and I figure it's worth it since I'll drink the water. There is just something about being able to walk over and have ice cold water that tastes great. My husband and I go through a 5 gallon tank in a week which I think is pretty good, although I'm sure we probably both still need to be drinking more lol.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Try the Crystal Light On the Go packets- they have multiple flavors, and they're sugar free.
    shughes903

Answer by shughes903 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I find that I drink more water when I drink from a cup with a straw than a normal glass. My husband does the same. We don't know why.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I find that sometimes I drink more from a cup with a straw ~ other times from a bottle!! Who knows! I was also introduced to Yoli ~ which you add to your water. They add extra flavor and are loaded with vitamins, minerals, Alkalete and nothing artificial and no sugar. So not only are we adding flavor, but we are also getting all the vitamins and stuff too!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 9:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2010