Gonna go postal

Seriously, I am at my wits end, my daughter is almost 15 mos. she is CONSTANTLY getting into things she isn't supposed to, the same things that she has been told "no" to over and over and over, I don't remember having this issue with my boys at all, what should I do. I smack her hands and say no, but then I just feel bad afterwards and want to cry. Any advice would be helpful. The thing IS she KNOWS she's not supposed to be into the things she gets into because when I start walking towards her she runs or throws whatever she has that she isn't supposed to down then runs.....HELP before I go crazy!!

Liz30355

Asked by Liz30355 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She's testing her boundaries... It's perfectly natural, and remember that every child is different. Your daughter might just be a bit more challenging than your sons. Just remember to stay calm, stay consistant, and eventually it WILL get better. But don't overreact in any way, she'll probably see that as entertaining and/or challenging. Just calmly tell her no, remove her from the situation, distract her with whatever you can think of, and leave it at that. Yes, you may have to do it over and over and over again, until you feel you're ready to rip your hair out, but at some point, she WILL start listening.

My son was like that, I seriously had days I just wanted to toss him out the window, so I feel your pain, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Try to sit her down somewhere like a time out, and make her stay there for a little while, or take something of hers away.... maybe that might help
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 3:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• When my son was that age we would put him in the playpen (crib would work too) with no toys and leave him there for 1 minute...he quickly learned to listen to what we were saying...I wish it still worked cause now he is my litle monster =o)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 3:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• http://www.supernanny.com/

Just like Anouck said consistency. It's the key element here.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 3:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My son is the same age and does the same thing i tried smacking his hand and it hurts him more than me it seems not to have an effect on him. I started putting him in the playpen and telling him time out . but that does not seem to help either the most i can do is just keep on him watch his every move. He is a sneaky one. He does things to get a reaction out of us.

mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 3:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i mean me more than him
    mpactem

Answer by mpactem at 3:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Take whatever it is away and put it on a high shelf.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 4:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2010