Do all teen ADHD girls have Additod problems?

Do they have problems like, anger issues, rebelious issues, and try to make Mom look stupid! ? Are they down right slopy. My 15 year old does, She has never wanted to let me be her parent. Her has always fought me to parent her. Am I alone or is there other moms out there with an ADHD kid that goes through this same thing. If so I would love to write to you. I'm gracesprings! Look me up.

Gracesprings

Asked by Gracesprings at 3:52 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• sounds like Oppositional Defiant Disorder.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 3:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• theyre brats.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• i can't say anything from a mom's perspective, but my sister was a hellion during her teenage years and had ADHD. my poor mother...
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 3:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Children with ADHD usually do have other problems and it takes the patience of a saint sometimes to raise them....just try and realize that much of what comes out of their mouths is just stuff and they don't really mean it....they can't help themselves....my adopted dd has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and a Impluse Control Disorder.....When she says nasty stuff I just tell her I love you too! and when she puts a hole in the wall or breaks yet another chair I wait until she calms down and we fix it together....we usually end up laughing about how well she broke the last chair or what a good job she did with the last hole....it has been the only way to keep my sanity. Smiles to you and good luck.
    malam

Answer by malam at 2:29 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My grandmother used to tell me that little girls were a lil bit and until my daughter became a teen I didn't fully understood the meaning.... Bitches in training. so good luck!
    Calgonmom5

Answer by Calgonmom5 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I agree that it takes alottttttt of patients to raise a child non less with a disability. Just keep on loving her and let her know you love her no matter what she says or does. Let her know that you disapprove of her actions, but that you still love her.
    foxzplf

Answer by foxzplf at 5:19 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I agree ODD.. oppositional defiance disorder. My daughter suffered throug, but we caught it at the age of 4 and I armed myself with knowledge. For her it was a constant battle for control over everything. After rethinking my parenting styles. I became aware of offering choices for everything, right down to brushing her teeth. Instead of a 30 minute battle that ended in me holding her down to brush her teeth, I bought her two toothbrushes and would let her pick which one to use. Teeth got brushed with no problems.

Unfortunatley, I'm not sure how well that would work at this age and you have to be very creative in getting the result that you want.
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 10:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2008