Freedom...

Ok wasn't our country founded on freedom of religion? Are we not a free country? Why does it seem that every day we are loosing that?

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 3:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Exactly what freedom have you lost? Because I haven't lost anything that I'm aware of...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• May I ask.

Why do you feel that you (or anyone else) is losing freedom of religion in this country?

Just so I understand the context or where you are coming from with this question. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No one is loosing anything..... this still is the country of freedoms....

Answer by older at 3:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Well, it seems like things are closing in that's for sure. There are few places that offer most of the freedoms our Fore Fathers enjoyed.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Conservatives have been losing that for years. It's a progressive agenda that would rather not see any christian beliefs in America. As long as we have our christian beliefs they cannot fulfill their agenda of government control.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I agree that many people are losing their religious freedoms progressively. In an effort to make all religions equally accepted, the nation's most prominent religion, Christianity, gets more and more restricted. I'm not sure how that makes any sense, but it's happening on a regular basis.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think whats been happening a lot is that the freedom of religion is turning into the freedom from religion, which is not what this country was founded on. People should be able to worship whatever they want wherever they want. But keep your eyes out because this is not the only freedom in danger these days.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 3:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• "Conservatives have been losing that for years. It's a progressive agenda that would rather not see any christian beliefs in America. As long as we have our christian beliefs they cannot fulfill their agenda of government control. "

Who says you cannot have your Christian beliefs? You aren't allowed to impose them upon anyone else, that's all. You CAN pray in public schools. You CANNOT force them to stop instruction to allow you to pray, NOR can you force anyone else to stop and pray. But if you want to pray? Go right ahead!

Answer by gdiamante at 3:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Oh please. Tell me what freedoms you are losing? This is such obvious right wing talking point. Wjen you ask what freedoms? They can't come up with any. They are just in love with scare tactics. OH no they are coming for our freedom.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I haven't lost anything. I am still free to go to church if I choose, I happen not to choose but no one has taken that freedom away from me.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010