How do you introduce sold foods to a One year old ?

recipes and any advice will be appreciated.

Cassidey

Asked by Cassidey at 3:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Has your child never had foods before now? My 10 month old daughter tries anything we eat. We just cut it up in smaller pieces for her and she loves it.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• They can eat what you eat. You put chunks on their tray for them to pick up and eat or you put food in a bowl and give them a kid sized for or spoon and let them go to town.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• these are GREAT websites!!!
    www.wholesomebabyfood.com
    www.wholesometoddlerfood.com
    www.weelicious.com

they have recipes for little ones, good example menu plans and beyond!
    By 12 months old my son was eating table foods. I still offered some pureed food (which I made myself) as a dip or mixed in the food. He loved pancakes, waffles, penne pasta, and was obssessed with bananas at that age.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I try to give some of what we to her. I have friends whose 1 year old's are eating whole apples and slices of pizza. I cant see Kendra doing that at this point cause she eats some but the texture make her gag reflex kick in and loose everything prior to it. So just dont know if there is a better way to introduce food to her.
    Cassidey

Comment by Cassidey (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The sites above have good ideas for soft, yet, chunky foods.

Try fresh avocado, it is mushy, but, not pureed.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Do you mean solid food or sole food? Either way, with small portions and small bites.
    peacockmom

Answer by peacockmom at 4:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My daughter was the same way. Stick with the squshy stuff that she doesn't have to chew a lot and just encourage her to try lots of news foods. Try bananas, cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese, blueberry muffins, oatmeal, canned peaches, applesauce. I fed my daughter infant cereal mixed with fruit baby food or applesauce forever just to make sure she was getting enough to eat.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010