HOw do you make Corn on the Cobb!!! Help lol

Okay so it was on sale at the store today! So I Got Some to go with dinner tonight! Im Making Steak and Mashed Potato's and Corn on the Cobb But have No idea on how to make it!
Help me Please lol!
I Don't want my parents to think i have know idea what i'm doing! lol!
Thanks!

TJ89

Asked by TJ89 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can put them in a pot of boiling water and cook until tender or put them in the bag in the microwave and cook until tender.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Boil a big pot of water and put the shucked corn in for about 5 minutes. Remover the corn immediately or it will get water logged. Serve with butter and salt.

You can also try making an herb butter.

http://www.herbalgardens.com/articles/herb-butter.html

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Take off all outer covering and silky stuff. Wash. Put in boiling water for 10 minutes or so.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If you're grilling the steaks you can

1- Shuck the corn
    2- mix up melted butter; 2-3 tbsp (depending on how much ears of corn you have); 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; lime; salt and pepper
    3- coat the corn in the mixture
    4- wrap in foil
    5- put on the grill next to your steaks

It's super yummy.
    Mrs.Halloween

Answer by Mrs.Halloween at 3:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• OK, your kidding right? You know how to make steak and mash potatoes and you don't know how to make corn on the cob. What?
    After you husk them, drop those bad boys into salted lightly boiling water and take them out after about 10 minutes and butter and salt them to taste. Wah lah, corn on the cob. Recipes are on the internet too. Eat up.
    peacockmom

Answer by peacockmom at 3:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I like to cook mine in the husk on the bbq. It takes a little longer but I love how they steam in the husk and the flavor you get.
    But you're probably better off just putting them in boiling water. I don't like salt or butter on mine so put the butter on the table and let people butter their own.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Okay thanks Ladys!!! Yes weird i dont know how to make it because my parents all ways got it in a can!!
    TJ89

Comment by TJ89 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I wrap my ears of corn in wax paper. Husk them first. Wrap them each individually...cook them for about 3 minutes each in the microwave. I usually cook 3 at a time and lessen the time to 7 minutes. Wrapping them in the wax paper steams them and they turn out so juicy!

I also grill them. Keep the husks on...and soak them for a couple hours before you wanna grill them...then just put them on the grill for about 12 minutes turning a couple times....
    kld1979

Answer by kld1979 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010