Mama's please help me I am about to lose it

My son is 13months old and last night he didn't sleep at all and so far today only slept 30min. Now he dose have a stuffy nose and I have sucked it out 3 times and not really a whole lot of anything. And he is so fussy and I don't know what to do I am about to lose it. William is teething is their anything I can do to make him breath better I can't put a humidfire in their cause of his breathing issues. I have given him Children's Allergy and that isn't working, I have given him motrin , tylonal I am out of things to do. I need sleep Can you Mama's out their help me ?

cmjarvis

Asked by cmjarvis at 3:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• maybe run a hot shower and sit in the bathroom with him on your lap with the door closed so the vapors can break up some of the congestion or even put him in the shower with you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• steamy room after a hot shower for congestion and lots of cuddles?
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 3:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• dont offer ANY over the counter meds like childrens allergy...since he's only 13 months old. If you cant use a humidifier, does that include steamy bathrooms? You can put on a hot shower, let it get steamy and sit in the bathroom with him. Same basic idea as the humidifier. Have you tried saline drops? If he's teething have you offered any teething tablets (they are homeopathic which is natural and safe) or orajel? There's some great stuff for infants and up called "Hurricain". it's only offered to those who ask for it (at any pharmacy). But it is stronger than baby orajel. Before any medicine, try some home remedies like a teething ring, washcloth or pacifier nice and cold fresh out of the fridge.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• After giving all of that, don't give him any more meds it can make him very sick. Get some saline spray for his nose. When you spray it in there it will moisten up the crud in his nose and then you can suck it out with better results. If it continues you make want to take him in and get him checked for an ear infection.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Hang in there. This is the sucky part of being a mom. If you really feel you're losing it, can you call someone you trust to watch him while you catch 2 hours sleep? It will make you feel a lot better.

This will pass. He will not stay this way forever, I promise! You'll get sleep again.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 4:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thanks everyone for all the advice. As far as the allergy his ped told me I can use when he is like this not that it is working. But I will stop using it. I haven't tried the teething tab yet I do have them orajel yes I use that a lot . And then steamy shower's no we can't have him in their either cause of his lung problems. It makes him breathing worse. I totally agree with the steamy shower's I used to do that when he was an infant. And we went to the pedi today and no ear inection yet. But his grandmother was over who has a brocticitious! And yes my mother is coming a takeing him so I can go to the dentist I might just stay at the dentist tell them to take their time lol. Please keep the advice coming please.
    cmjarvis

Comment by cmjarvis (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Oh! When my 8 y/o was sick like that as a baby he slept really good in his carseat because his head was elevated, you could try that.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my husband does night shift, so sorry sweetie, no tips! Except get in a 50/50 routine with your spouse/so
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010