How long do you date someone before you talk about getting married.

How long do you ladies think is reasonable to date someone before talking about getting married.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I went on my first date in January and knew by May I would marry him, we got engaged in August
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i don't remember when we started talking about marriage but must of been real quick since we married 8 months later.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i talked about marriage on our first second date. I was up front and honest. I told my dh i didnt want to sound scary but i didnt want to waste anyones time..i told him that if marriage and children wasnt in his "near future plans" to not call me again because i was looking for someone to spend my life with. His response was "i'm not planning on getting married tonight or tomorrow..but we can see where this will go...lol..and he called me that night after the date. ..we got married about a yr later
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• ...our first or second date
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We talked about getting married 3 weeks after meeting one another.

We met, dated, became engaged and married all within 5 months. We have now been married 25 years.

I personally do not think there is a set amount of time that is "right" for everyone.. I believe each couple has and will know when it's the right time for them.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think it depends on the type of relationship....I never really knew anyone who really considered marriage until they were past their 1st yr. but like I said it depends on the relationship and where you see it going.....
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 4:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My husband asked me 6 weeks after we had been dating. I told him to Fuck Off and to never call me again :D

A year later I said yes. And we have been married 12 great years.

I think it depends. My grandparents met in September, were engaged in October and married in November and had 49 wonderful years together. So sometimes quick courtships work.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't see a time limit as very reasonable at all. I knew right away that I would be with my husband forever, it was love at first site, and years later when he walks in to a room I still feel that way. On the other hand, I know people who dated for YEARS before talking marriage and it ended in divorce... Each couple is different and placing a time limit on it is ridiculous! Some people will know right away, others it takes work. I think it really depends on the couple, their lifestyles, their attitudes and other factors and can't be determined by any one blanket statement.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Okay I noticed that all the other answers are between a week and 8 months... Um, I mean more power to you ladies with jumping right on it... but I do not think I could have decided that quick. My DH and I talked about married two months before we hit our three year mark of dating each other.

Also, I am a person that hates deciding so when I make a decision I want to completely know without a doubt that it is what I want for sure. So, that may be another reason it took me longer.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• IDK> we got married 2 1/2 months after we MET. No, I was NOT preggo.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010