Why not us infertility instead of war?

If god wants a nation gone due to sin or what ever reason why not just no longer gift them with children?

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Because we're not puppets.

That's like saying "Why doesn't God just make everybody love him?"
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• First off, I don't believe in God, but say for the sake of argument that I did, why would he condemn an entire COUNTRY for something perceived as a sin? That seems a little excessive, no?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We're not puppets, just really killable.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 4:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It is not a puppet or free will issue. I am not saying stop them from having sex. Just make those sinners infertile so they only get the fun and no baby.

Alanaplus3

Comment by Alanaplus3 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I should have said this is kind of a SO of the war question.
    Alanaplus3

• But there were people with children who were faithful and made the correct choice and were NOT killed. Everybody has a choice.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• He believes that everyone has the chance to repent and become good. So what you are saying is that if I murder someone or a few, then I should become infertile? What if years down the road, I change my ways? does he suddenly give back my fertility? How would that curb sin?
    Also, you are basically saying that sin is beget of sin. Meaning that if one is a sinner, their children will become sinners too.

Many very religious people grew up in sinful homes and decided that they didn't want to live that way. How does that fit in?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If you look at the war question he had nations wiped out, whole nations incluing children and babies. So why not instead of using war just use infertility? I am not talking about here an now I am talking about when he was wiping out nations an having even the children killed.
    Alanaplus3

Comment by Alanaplus3 (original poster) at 4:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• He was wiping out nations

or He was saving nations, saving the family geneology of Jesus, saving ALL in the end. Two sides ya know.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• God HAS used infertility to pass judgment.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010