At what age should you stop spanking your children for doing something wrong?

I was tought that you stop at age 13 because in the bible it says after the age of 12 your childs wrong doing no longer go on you they go on them. What are your takes on this thats how I was raised. No rude comments please just your thoughts if you agree or not.

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I believe you should never START spanking in the first place, so yeah...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• LOL!

The bible doesn't say anything about not spanking 13 year olds!
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my dad would beat me til I was 17 so i guess he's going to heck
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 4:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Here's a thought! Don't start spanking! You CAN Actually teach right & wrong without inflicting bodily Pain on a helpless innocent child! Go to the library and look for Parenting instructional books. If your child learns through pain he/she will inflict it in the future and it may just be against You.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I personally don't spank at all, but that's me.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 5:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My dad attempt to beat me while I was 17, I was even pregnant and he threatened to beat me with a baseball bat because the kitchen wasn't clean.
    I don't hit my children, after the toddler stage their really was no reason to. I did swat them on the butt or on the hand, but by the time they were in school it wasn't necessary.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• So by spanking your child when they are under 13 it means that you won't get in trouble from God with what they do? And then they turn 13 and you can stop spanking because you won't get in trouble anymore, they will? I am speechless.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I never spanked either of my children. There are other ways of getting their attention. Be pro-active and not re- active.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 6:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't spank a 12 year old. We spank occasionally... but I don't think we would past the age of 5...

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It does state that in the bible, and I would stop at about then alos! It is not horrible to do so! Better to spare the rod tan spoil the child! I only have to spank maybe once a month, but that is because when a spanking is in order, it works, and they learn! Keep your head up, and btw most moms on here are full of it, they just dont want people to think they spank, you know you can be anone you want behind the computer!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2010