cant have milk and anything

my niece is highly ailgic to milk she cant have it and anything my sister is trying to find food that she can make with out it she went to the health food store to get a half loaf of bread with no milk and it was 8dollars and my niece said it tasted like crap

CarlaJean99

Asked by CarlaJean99 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sounds Depression.
    Sorry to hear.
    Good Luck
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• She might be better off sticking to whole foods, like fruits and veggies, meats...stuff that's not processed.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Also try looking for easy, cheap recepies online too ;).. Best of luck!
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Can she have real meat, vegetables and fruit? If so, then that is all she needs anyway. Milk is not a necessity. You can get Calcium from Kale and D from being outside and protein from meat and beans. Can she eat brown rice?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Be aware of anything with CAsein in the ingredients. it is a mild product as well.
    mawfia

Answer by mawfia at 4:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My youngest has a milk and soy allergy. He drinks rice milk and eats a lot of plain fruits, veggies and meats. He does not do breads, but he likes rice cake sandwiches. Gross, but it's all he knows!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• If she buys only whole foods, then, there is no reason to read a label and look for milk or casein.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my sister say she has to watch the gluiten in them too so it really hard even your whole foods still have some stuff in them
    CarlaJean99

Comment by CarlaJean99 (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My children are allergic to wheat. I know what you mean, the glutten free food is expensive too. But they eat a lot of rice. I make their bread, by they aren't fans of it. We have a lot of fruits, veggies, meats. I was allergic to milk until I was about 10 and finally grew out of it, could only have goats milk, so we literally had a goat we milked. But if she is old enough she can have soy or the rice milks or that almond milk. Some things she will just have to give up.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Check with her bakery. Most Jewish Rye and Italian breads do not have milk. Some do so she will need to ask specifically.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010