church awanas

i am looking for people that teach awanas at church i am the tnt leader trying to figure out how to help the slow ones learn there verses please help

CarlaJean99

Asked by CarlaJean99 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I used to teach Awana and this was always hard. The best ways I found to help out the slower learners was to try and set the verse to a tune (an easy tune like Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star or something similar) or use feltboard pictures. Does anyone use feltboards anymore? LOL I always felt like they were so helpful, though, to use visual aids to represent the different words in the verse. GL!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Try breaking it up into smaller bits or shortening the verse all together. My son is in a group like awana called Gracekidz. The younger one learn only one sentence out of the verse and it is labeled by lettering the sentence so example. 'In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, get up and walk. - Acts 3:6b' Opposed to the older kids learning ' "I don't have any silver or gold. But I'll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, get up and walk." - Acts 3:6'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010