What would you say if your DH wanted to buy a $200 weed eater to edge the lawn when you already have an electric one?

I don't blame him for not wanting to drag a cord across our wide lawn, but I've done it and I didn't think it was that hard. It looks like we have the cash to cover it this month, but IMO there are more important things that we need. On the other hand, I'm just not the kind of person to tell my husband he CAN'T spend money on something he wants.

I told him I had reservations, but I would defer the decision to him and respect his decision. He wasn't happy about that, so I suggested he come home, use the other one, think about it for a few days (he just saw it and wanted it) and then he can go back and get it. He agreed, but I think he's still unhappy. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• That sounds like a situation that happens every couple of days in my house. DH is impulsive and sees something and wants it-does not matter what I think. I have finally just gotten to the point that I tell him "as long as we can pay all the bills and expences" I don't care what he does. It is really not worth fighting over-at least for me its not.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Do he ask for upgrades like that often? If not, i'd let him get it.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i wouldn:t care
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010