How do u think I should handle bad behaviour that is repetitive?

My 9 and 10 year olds keep getting in trouble on the bus for the same things daily. I have taken things away. Tried the time out thing. Took privalages away and now I am at a loss. Can someone please help me?

Alysa505

Asked by Alysa505 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Have you tried talking to the child? Sometimes children act out when something is wrong, especially if the behavior is only occuring on the bus. If there are no other issues I think it has something to do with the ride on the bus, however it could also be I'm tired of being away from home and just want to get there. I had some issues with one of mine and even after the talk still felt there was something deeper. I took him out to dinner one day and we both just talked finally I got to the bottom of the problem, some kid was sitting on his head on the bus. Hope this helps.
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 4:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Drive them to school & pick them up. No more Bus until they can act properly. Strait home from school, no activities, no TV, No computer, No (anything else they like to do) then early to bed. Give them jobs to do around the house when they come home. They should get the message fast!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think my husband and I just figured out what to do... My 2 children don't usually get to play video games becuase of how I feel about them. However they do love playing them when they go to family or friends houses. So we have decided starting next week, if they can be good on the bus the first week, they will get 30 mins of play time on the playstation. For every week after that, they will get 10 mins for each day they are good totaling up to an hour. This way we are getting what we want and they are getting what they want.

What do you guys think about that
    Alysa505

Comment by Alysa505 (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Good compromise... you are both winning!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 12:09 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• This might sound silly, but I take away my daughter's privilege to choose her own outfit the next day. For some reason, that is a freedom she values above anything else, so it works like a charm. (I've only had to actually use it once, then threaten it a couple times).
    mylifeinscraps

Answer by mylifeinscraps at 10:48 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• That sounds good to me
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2010