Anyone have a near death experience?Like you felt yourself dead for a minute before you passed on?

I want to know what it feels like to take your last breath and to die.Anyone ever experience that?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 4:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• My mom did... She overdosed and according to her, died. She was heading down... when she remembered His name and called out "Help me Jesus!". She said that she felt light as a feather as she drifted up and looked down at her body. She said that she went soaring through the sky into a beautful place where God spoke to her and told her to come back to her children. And with that she came back to herself and woke up.
    I'm sad to say that she is back into drugs and homeless...... Sometimes the demons win..
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:31 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• when i did drugs :( unfortunately. Im clean now and have been for over a year. yay! but i did coke a lot 3-4 8 balls a day, and this particular night we got some coke from someone other than we normally did, and it turned out it was laced with meth my friend also had some (his friend would get it from columbia so it was VERY pure) anyway, we did a bunch of that, and i had been drinking all night long and i smoked some weed too, and yeah it was very bad, my mind and heart and brain just went bizzurk. asshole friends didnt call the ambulance or anything, i ended up fainting for a good 10 min and they still didnt call 911. Im not friends with them anymore, and since that night i havent touched any drugs or weed. which im VERY proud to say.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Anyone ever feel taking their last breath,like a feeling of suffication or did it happen so fast you didn't feel anything at all?I like hearing everyone's stories but I want to know about this first...thanks.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:41 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• IM the anon one, ( i just want to remain anon because this really embarasses me that i was so pathetically into this drug.)

well when i was laying on my bed freaking out couldnt stop moving, i was repeating how something was wrong, something isnt right and somethings going to happen. i didnt know what but SOMETHING was wrong...i started breathing heavily then slowed down and i remember just laying there and i took one LONG slow breathe while staring at the wall and then i was gone for those 10 min. IDK what happened during those 10 min but i was gone my eyes were half open half shut my friends said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think we are like dead when we sleep.We aren't there,telling ourselves to breathe,our brain is doing it...you know.Just something I was thinking about,not really a near death experience but kinda.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 4:49 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I just wrote about this so I'll just copy and paste. Forgive me, it's long!! It'll take a few posts to get it all in...

Well, when I was in my 20's I was married to a man who didn't put too much effort into taking care of his family the way husbands and fathers are supposed to do. We were living in an apartment at the time with our infant son. I had been under a lot of stress with the new baby and the lack of "help" from my husband. And one night I started having troubles breathing. I have had asthma since the age of three. So I tried doing what I could to help myself but it just continued to get worse. So I tell my husband that I need to go to the ER for a breathing treatment.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• (2)
    Well, he took a GOOD hour to go pick up his brother (who didn't have a car) so that he could come watch our son while my husband took me to the ER. By the time we got to the ER I was having such a hard time breathing that I could barely stand up straight. The nurse took me in the back and they started to get me situated with the breathing treatment. By this time I was SO tired from lack of air that I literally had no energy to even hold the little tube that the nurse handed me. I remember she walked away, thinking that I was situated and I put the tube down on the bed and I laid back, which is EXTREMELY difficult when you can't breathe.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:26 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• (3)
    But it was sort of funny that my pain and discomfort was gone. Instantly the room got really bright white, like looking at the center of a light bulb but it was comforting and relaxing. I remember looking towards the door and thinking that all I had to do was get up off the table and I would be "HOME". I felt such love and joy and comfort and compassion, it was so spectacular. And then I heard a voice say, "it's not your time yet" (I should say felt a voice - like telepathic) and suddenly the room returned to its original blankness and the nurse was there adjusting a mask over my face. Later they told me that if I had waited another five minutes to get the ER that they wouldn't have been able to save me.
    jenettyshome

• (4)
    Five years ago when my grandmother passed away I was in the bedroom with her during her last few minutes, along with my mom, my aunt and grandpa. My aunt (who is extremely religious) was saying the "The Lord is my Shepherd" prayer and holding my grandma's hand. My grandpa was sitting at my grandma's side and I was standing behind my grandpa. And I remember my grandpa suddenly getting all upset and asking my grandma not to leave him.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• (5)
    And I said, "Don't tell her to stay, grandpa. It's okay for her to go". And he looked at me and said, "Really?". And I nodded and again I saw that beautiful white light. I knew the instant she left her body because I watched that light come in and then go out. And my aunt laughed and made a reference to my grandma "running" to meet her sisters and all who are already There.
    jenettyshome