death in the work place

i work at walmart and a really good co worker died how do you deal with that they dont have anyone to talk to at work and i just feel bad and it could happen to any of us on the way home she was in car accident

CarlaJean99

Asked by CarlaJean99 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• You could arrange for you and others in your work place to meet over coffee or pizza to discuss the situation. Any pastor would willingly talk to you whether you're a church member or not.
    nixliltrophy

Answer by nixliltrophy at 4:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It could happen to anyone. It happens every day. It's sad. I'm sorry to hear that your coworker died. You may want to reach out to the family. Whatever loss you are feeling, theirs is multiplied by thousands. My husband was killed by a drunk driver. This is devastating to a family.
    Death, while sad, is a normal part of life. Treasure every moment - you never know what moment will your last. Do something in memory of your coworker. Perhaps start a fund to offer a scholarship or a program in her memory in an area that you feel would have been close to her heart.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Well said, Alice
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 5:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I had a co-worker die and we attended the services together. I worked at a department store and the new people were kind enough to cover while those of us that new this man the best could attend the services. At first it felt a little strange to go since I only knew him at work, but you could see how much it meant to the widow that we all came. He loved his job, should have been retired already but liked to work.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 6:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010