IS 41 to old to have a man father a child?

Dh and I have talked about having another child, but he keeps saying he is too old. We have had his SA done and it come out with great numbers.. Do you think he is saying he is too old because he does not want another one?

candcsmom2008

Asked by candcsmom2008 at 4:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My SO decided that he didn't want to have anymore kids once he hit 41 (I am 33 and he is currently 39). He will be just hitting 41 when LO pops out (working on it this winter, LOL). He has done the math and has decided when he wants us to retire.

Maybe your DH just doesn't want to have another. I would call him on the age thing since it seems more like an excuse than a reason. Get to the real reason, then you have something to really talk about.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Nope. I have seen plenty of 60 and 70 y/o's father kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Lol! No!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 4:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• think about it hun...a man can have children into his 80s but it doesn't mean he should. a 40 year old man wants to enjoy the rest of his life and not be tied down til he's 60. and it's harder for older men to keep up with kids, if he doesn't want anymore it's not fair for you to make him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My husband's uncle had his first kid at 47 and the next at 49. I do not think he is too old. Age is just a number. I know lots of men who had kids in their 40's.

Sit down and talk to him about it. Tell him that you think he is using his age as an excuse and that he just doesn't want anymore kids. If that is the case that is fine, but you need him to tell you the truth, because to you 41 isn't too old.

Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Nope! My hubs was 44 when we had our last child. There are many men who are 60's, 70's and even 80's who have fathered children. (examples-- Anthony Quinn, Hef, Woody Allen, Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Larry King, Donald Trump.......)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I just want him to be honest, We can stop trying if he wants to.. But I do not know how to get him to be honest and open up about it.
    candcsmom2008

Comment by candcsmom2008 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Anonymous-I would hide my name if I was going to be a Bit%% too. But your rude remarks are not needed in this sensitive subject. TY
    candcsmom2008

Comment by candcsmom2008 (original poster) at 4:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Umm no not @ all my bf is 60 w/10yr+ vasectomy & we just found out that we're pregnant!
    Lovelymee23

Answer by Lovelymee23 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Just talk to him and tell him, it needs to be openly discussed. You want to know his reasoning for real. And if he is done for whatever the reason, hard as it may be for you, it will have to be a decision you have to respect.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010