what does this mean? placenta hemmorage (sp) ....

..as early as 13 wks? Thats not good is it. It happend to my sister and i was just wondering. she posted it on her facebook and i havent heard from anyone..also a hematoma next to the baby?? What does that mean?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You should be asking your Doctor or Primary Care.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• its not me..my sister
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 4:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• hematoma- a tumor or swelling that contains blood. It's possible the placenta may have detached from the uterine wall(placental abruption) causing hemorrage ( abnormal amount of bleeding). I am NOT a doctor so I am not making a dx. I am a trained medical assistant and did work for an OB/Gyn clinic. It's not good, but it does not mean she will lose the baby either. She needs to do as her doctor instructs her and hope for the best.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I had a subchorionic hemorrhage. Im not 100% sure if it is the same thing, but in my case it is a pocket of blood beneath the placenta. It can be dangerous, but in general they fix themselves and go away by mid pregnancy. It can cause spotting (and even bleeding at times in my case).
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 9:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010