Is it harder to relate to other moms or women without children?

In your opinion...If you had to pick one....Is it harder to relate to women without children because they don't have children?? Or is it harder to relate to other moms because you have different views on parenting??

My opinion it's harder to relate to other moms...

itsme0221

Asked by itsme0221 at 4:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• depends on how open minded each are. i would say moms are more set in our ways... on the other hand i completely cannot relate to my friends without kids' lifestyles... lots of $4 to burn and all the time in the world is on their hands... so at least all other moms are stretch at least for time like me... i find it easier to judge others with kids, because their actions have bigger ramifcaitons..shouldnt judge but just being honest.

AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'd say women without children. Yes, there are so many different styles of parenting, but you will always have one BIG common factor: children. My best friend and I have grown apart since I became a mom, just because she doesn't "get it". She'll call me at 7:00 and say "Hey, want to come over for dinner at 8?" (She's also my SIL, and lives 2 doors down). I always have to say no because a) that's not enough notice and b) DD's bedtime is 8:30. The "grab-your-keys-and-go lifestyle that her and I used to live together is no longer something I can do.....
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• OH yes, I think so. Its much harder to a mom to relate to someone who doesn't have kids and vice versa. Having children changes literally everything about you. Your views on life and how you handle things and how you relate to others is a big one. I personally only have a few friends that don't have kids, but even at that, they are not close. Normally people without kids live in their own little world and think only about themselves. Thats not bad, its just the way it is. They eventually come into themselves when they have kids and their views change a lot. Perfect example is my sister in laws. We can actually be friends now...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Indeed... Open minded, has to deal with it most of all, I believe sometimes ...people without children have NO idea what were talking about , so they will of course agree to everything we say, which is good lol But alas.

A mother with wisdom, that can share her honest opinions. is what i choose to do the most,

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:31 PM on Oct. 20, 2008