Is it okay for me to have a celebrity crush?

I am happily married to DH, have a wonderful DS and I don't know why, but I recently developed a really stupid crush on an actor. I have no idea why, I just thought he was really cute. I know I'll never meet him or anything like that lol but I feel kind of guilty. This is so weird, I haven't had a crush like this since I was a teenager!!! Is this okay???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• i don't know anyone who doesn't have a celebrity crush...my fiance is in love with Jessica Alba...does it bother me, not at all, she's a beautiful woman and i don't blame him
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have a huge crush on johnny depp..doesn't hurt anybody, it's not like i'm going to hook up with Johhny Depp ever.
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 4:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• LOL, I say it is fine. It isn't like your ever gonna meet these people.. and they are not the people they act out in the movies.. So, more so you might be in love with the character they are playing maybe?

I do this with my husband all the time. He says Jessica B is so smokin' hot.. then I just pick a guy actor and we just keep going and going.. It is just for fun and games. We don't think anything of it. I mean that is about like saying if your husband watches a porno, he is in love with the girl that he just ya..... Anyways, sorry for the more graphic ending. Just my two cents..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Why not.

I have them.. Hell, I have find some that are 20 years younger than me to be completely scrumptious... LOL Doesn't mean I'm going to head out, ruin a marriage of 25 years and start scrogging some 27 (yeah, that's 20 years younger than me.. lol) year old.

Nothing wrong with looking, admiring, appreciating, even fantasing... As long as it stays in those realms and doesn't step out into some freaky obsession. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Are you planning on leaving your marriage to go stalk this said celebrity crush? If not, then go for it.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• As long as you're admitting an attraction only, then I'd say you're human.

Now, if you're fantasizing about running away with said actor and having a glamourous life with him, and collecting every magazine article about him and building a shrine in your basement... then no.

And that's not being flip, I have seen some scary "fan attractions". Google the name "Stephanie Ware" and you can see. This woman claims to be married to a particular actor and pregnant w/ his child - when it's well known he's married to an actress that on his same network.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Would you be ok with him having one? Maybe you need to really look at why you feel guilty. I say, if you are truely ok with it, and your SO has no issues then go for it.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 9:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• of course! ---now if you start acting on it in any way---like stalking or whatever maybe but i'm sure its fine
    sadie51

Answer by sadie51 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I do! My hubby knows and he will say, "there is your boyfriend"
    hahaha
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2010