Should I let my child age 17 go to a Skylab rave concert?

I am really against this,but afraid she may sneak and go anyway. I hear it is a big drug fest. Anyone have any answers on this one. So far the answer from me is a definite NO>

Beezers

Asked by Beezers at 4:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't even know what it is
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I agree I would not let my child go either. Consider finding something to do with her that day, my daughter now 19 loves it when we go shopping and get a bite to eat. It is a great chance for bonding.
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 4:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i don't know what skylab rave is...but i have been to a few "raves" back in the day..and yes..nothing but a big big drug fest. i wouldnt let my child go..but i wouldnt tell my parent i was going to one. Maybe your child is responsible and not planning on doing anything crazy..
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think its a plus that she told you she wanted to go or asked to go, which tells me maybe she's more responsible than some. It could her friends are going and she wants to spend time with them. I would be nervous too and I probably wouldn't allow a Rave. Sometimes my boys ask me things only because they want me to say no, obviously I don't know if your daughter does this but I can tell when my kids have that look like I have to ask you but I really don't want to go to this. Its like they can use me as an excuse.
    Maybe take her to do something else, see if she wants to have a friend or two over that night instead.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Nope.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:04 AM on Sep. 25, 2010