Does your child brush his/her teeth at school?

In his Head Start class, each student has their own toothbrush, and they all brush after breakfast. I like that. It wasn't something that was done when I was a kid, so I wonder if things have changed, or if only certain areas did it. I did notice where they keep the toothbrushes, each child has a box (it's like one of those toolkit boxes that is mounted on the wall), and they each had at least 2 wrapped toothbrushes in it that I could tell. So I'm guessing they have one use and are tossed? I don't know, I'll have to ask.

thatgirl70

Asked by thatgirl70 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in

• My son's preschool did. His headstart did. And he takes a toothbrush now in high school. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I know here at my daughters school they started the program last year and it has continued on into this year. The school I work at is the poorest in our district and we don't do that I wonder why??
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The only kids I've ever had that brushed their teeth at school were those wearing braces. That's neat that they are encouraging good health habits at head start.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, they don't.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm glad they are too. He loves to brush his teeth (I have to be careful, a couple of times he's gone ahead of me in the bathroom and nearly emptied out half a tube of toothpaste, LOL) and I don't always think to do it in the morning for him (and sometimes I'm in a rush), so at least I know now he's getting it twice a day.
    thatgirl70

Comment by thatgirl70 (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2010