Is anyone on here pregnant and taking Abilify or something like it?

I was diagnosed bipolar in my teens, having a family history and what not. But now, I'm in my second pregnancy and my therapist just told me that I really needed to be on medication because of my PPD after my first child. He prescribed Abilify, and right now I'm am just scared because I don't know if it'll cause problems to the baby or not. I'm having a problem with whether or not to go through with the medication because I DO NOT want to hurt my daughter. Is there anyone else on here that is currently on this medication, or a medication like it? I would really like to talk to someone who's been through this too, see how they are working with it.

Requiem

Asked by Requiem at 4:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Abilify is a class C drug in the FDA as far as pregnancy goes. It means that it is not known whether Abilify can cause harm to a fetus or baby during pregnancy or nursing.

You should talk to your doctor. I was told that the Abilify and Lamotrigine that I take would be safe for a child, but that if I got pregnant we would lower my dose just in case.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 5:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I take Buspar, it is a class B, and I was originally on Lexapro, so mine is a pretty good one!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2010