How do I drop an order of protection?

I have an order of protection against my husband. Long story short we were going through some difficulties and he did use some excessive force against me, but nothing too damaging..I fought back...I know, judge all you want. But things are getting better between us and I want to drop it because things are going really well. He goes to court next month but I want to drop it before then. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Go to the county clerk's office. My mother in law deals with this everyday.. Yall want protection orders then all the sudden days later want them lifted. Just remember that if and when you do get it lifted, don't expect those ladies in the judge's office to feel any sympathy for you.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You have to go to the county clerk's office/county court house and have the order rescinded.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• OKAY ??????

You really to do some soul searching honey ?

Sometimes this can be a BIG-MISTAKE. exspieacally, if you have children.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 10:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Things are going well because he WANTS you to drop it! After you do, he'll go back to his same bad-boy ways. Been there, done that. And the next time it happens (& honey, trust me it will) the judge won't take you seriously. Then you have no recourse! Think this over some more.
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 12:00 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Abytome kinda has a point.. :( This happened with my sister and her bf...
    It IS possible that he can change though. Good Luck!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2010