Would you tell on a coworker to get ahead?

If a coworker was always making mistakes and not putting in a full days work, would you tell your boss knowing that it would make you look better?

jshimmy

Asked by jshimmy at 4:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• "Tell on" ? I don't find business to be the equivalent of the playground. If a coworker is not performing up to standards, someone is picking up the slack. In the interest of staff effectiveness, efficiency, and morale, I'd certainly find tactful ways to let my superiors know what was happening. This has nothing to do with "telling on" someone or "getting ahead". This has to do with being a responsible member of the team.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 5:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would tell but not to get ahead. If they can't do their job, I'll be damned if I'm gonna do it for them!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yes..i talk about my coworkers slacking and screwups..all the time to my boss...not to get ahead..just for entertainment
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, what comes around, goes around.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010