stress

how do moms deal with the stress of trying to balence everything that going on in your life me i work full time plus teach tnts at church plus we take turns with doing children church plus our son seems to want to do everything in school plus i am on the pto at school and i work on there yearbook which i think being with your kids is great but i cant get anything done at home

CarlaJean99

Asked by CarlaJean99 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• There comes a point you need to step back and prioritize what is really important. What is satisfying to you? Too many things just adds too much stress and wears you down, as you are seeing I think. And with your children I feel they too need to choose a couple things to participate in and concentrate on those. Spreading yourself and your family too thin isn't healthy.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 4:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i deal with stress by finding my fav snack and drink and a movie when the kids go to sleep and a long HOT shower
    goings5

Answer by goings5 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think its really matter of stepping back and prioritizing as well. I work full time, and my children are involved in lots of things, right now we have football going on, plus my older son is on an all star baseball team, he is in the school play, swing choir and helps coach elementary football on the weekends. My younger son is in band and football.
    I help out at the school during some sporting events when I know I'll be there, like football games or wrestling tournaments to do my part, I'm not on the PTA and I don't spread myself thing doing things for other people...my children are my priority and what they want to feel successful is important to me. I do find time for myself in the evenings or when they are home, I read, watch movies, cook.
    We don't go to church so this eliminates that issue for us. My house isn't spotless, but I pick up here and there and my kids also do. I just don't make cleaning a top priority.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You know your life style better than any of us. Just sit back and think of what you could cut back on doing. That routine would ware out 2 woman. Good luck hon.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 6:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010