Why should the U.S. look after the Jewish people? Isnt that why Muslims countries are mad at us?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 4:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I don't think that's the reason they're mad at us, I'd think they are more pissed off for us sticking our nose where it doesn't belong, and trying to enforce OUR way of living on them... But other than that, I don't believe the US should be in bed with Israel either. That's a touchy subject though, and is bound to stir up some drama. Personally, I believe Israel definitely bears some responsibility for the unrest in that part of the world, and is most DEFINITELY getting "preferential treatment", in spite of some very wrong things they're guilty of. But again, that's just my opinion...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• OMG! That's messed up..........WTH?? I am not Jewish but that was really..... I have no words...?????
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• eye rollingDon't you know? They are God's chosen people are if we even dare to look at them crossed- eyed the wrath of God will consume us all.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 4:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes IhartU I was thinking the same thing... But I was just wondering if that was the truth..
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• this is one of those questions that makes me want to do this:

banging head into wall

josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'll answer this in the manner in which I view the issue you are referancing.

The US government supports Israel and the Israeli government because the US government view is as being in our best interst.. strategically, and also in regards to having a "friend" or influence in the ME.

My personal opinion is.. This does cause us more trouble than it's worth. And it cost us nearly $15 Billion a year in monetary and military aid. What we get in return is not worth the commitment that has been made nor the deals that have been set up.

It's all about politics, access to resources, control of resources and political influence in specific regions of the world.. Nothing more. Nothing less. People have made the US support of Israel into a religious issue for propaganda and support purposes.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Those who bless Israel will be blessed, those that do not will be cursed. This is biblical.
    If we ever turn against Israel.. it will because nasty. It will look good at first but then turn real fast.
    We cannot not support Israel.. our very lives depend on it.
    The reason muslims hate us is because of our support for Israel.
    The peace thing going on right now has a lot of Christians all over the world watching the USA. Basically Hillary Clinton can be a catalyst in the future of America and Israel!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• become nasty is what I meant to say
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We should all look after each other. I'm not Jewish, but they are God's people. In the end many of the Jewish will convert to Christianity. We shouldn't be divided by religion, race, or creed. THAT'S why WE should look after EACH OTHER!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 8:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Not sure what's creepier. The question or some of the answers.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010