Do you discuss money with exsteaded family?

jshimmy

Asked by jshimmy at 4:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• NO!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Not our personal finances, but MIL calls all the time wanting us to take care of hers. I guess that counts, we discuss finances with her to the extent of her coming with her hand out asking for money.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No.

We do not discuss any issues we may have (regardless of nature) with extended family members.

I and my husband view that as a making for troubles that we have no need or want for.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Nope.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm a CPA, so I do get questions from time to time. I will answer questions and offer advice only when asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, I don't discuss money with extended family. I generally find those types of conversations to be inappropriate. One's financial concerns are one's own - and discussing finance with family is inviting trouble.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 4:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• All the freaking time. But then again I'm a financial major, and my family is pretty open about finances. So I get to help and they get to ask questions. I love it =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 7:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We may go to my parents for advice like when we were contemplating re-financing our house, and my MIL discusses hers with us all the time. I honestly think she does it so that we'll feel sorry for her and give her money. DH has only done it once and that was because they were in danger of losing the house his now deceased grandfather bought when he moved near us. She seems to think we are made of money despite the fact we don't talk about our finances.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Do you mean EXTENDED family?
    No. Never.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• In generalities not specifics.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 23, 2010