does/did anyone else's child have a herniated belly button?? if so, how long did there's last??

cortez_mommy

Asked by cortez_mommy at 10:06 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• not a child..but DH had one and need to have surgery to fix it.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:07 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My son had one because they let the clip come off two times after he was born! He is five now still there. I did not want to chance surgery so young. I will let him make choice. It's not dangerous.
    cretiawiley

Answer by cretiawiley at 10:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My son has one it has gone down since he was born he is 13 months now. the doc said by age two it should go down .
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I had an umbilical hernia. I don't know if its the same thing. I had it for as long as I could remember before I got it checked. I had a very simple outpatient surgery. I was back to normal in 3 days. a little sore, but normal. This was in my mid 20s. Children are so much more resilient.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My niece had one.. and my sister took a quarter wrapped in it kleenex and used bandage tape and taped her to her belly button. This is to put pressure on it so that it heals and stays down. doctors told her it wouldnt do anything and was pointless said she would need surgery... it went away in about 3 weeks and never came back. its worth a shot. there is no harm in this and may or may not work for you .. good luck! :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2008