Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP what do i do about my daughter and college idk how she going to do the work load?

okay so shes going 2 college i wanted her 2 do cc bcuz shes been having medical issues they dont know whats wrong with her mri's show that her brain maybe deterating she has issues she cant write more than a page now without being in pain&then she has 2 rest her hands 4like a week or twothey feel as if they were over used she can't type bcuz that hurts they think since her& spinalcord is straight not curved&its getting tighter it hits stuff they think her organs our starting2 preage we have seen 17 specailist no help but iam not sure what2do shes intelligent but shes notunder handycap should we put her in that 4college&get asstiance idk what 2do she doesn't want that on her record incase it effects her getting a job idk iam worried she going 2 apply 2 sdsu for Jan. because she missed the last deadline she was2 sick. she wont go 2 cc. she only taken her Sat once idont think there were that great its just somedays her brain is so quick others its not shes but what do ido about college

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Kids' Health

Answers (6)
  • UR old enuff 2 hv a kid in college? If you're serious, talk to your state's vocational rehabilitation agency. They can give advice on how to go about college and finding a job with a disability. Some states have them joined with the Department of Labor, others with Education (such as here in NY). They can also help with the transition from high school to college/employment if she has not graduated yet.

    The key is....what does "She" want to do about college?

    Answer by halfpint_ny at 10:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

  • contact the university's diabled student counselor. They have many wonderful ways to help assist her with classes. They can even provide someone to take notes for her. She can do this and they may have resources that you don't know about to get her help at home if needed. You never know what they can offer until you talk with someone. I would call the Admissions Counselor and get her paperwork done then get her FAFSA taken care of for financial aid. (you can do it online and approved in about 3 days instead of 6 weeks if you mail it in). Give her Kudos from me for wanting this. I think it's great! She can do this. Just believe in her and watch what she can do for this world!

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

  • I am 55 by the way and yes i am old enough to have a child lol

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • Sorry. Had to say it. Text-speak when you're trying to get serious info usually works against you.

    Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

  • i would of but i ran out from sooo i had to do it that way : )

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

  • i would of but i ran out room sooo i had to do it that way : )

    Answer by Patience1 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.