Do you think that it is unfair?

I see alot of people asking questions anon., but then when they get an anonousmly answer, they get upset, for instance, why don't you show your name?, or why did you post your answer anon.? That to me is unfair, when they posted their question anon. Do you feel the same? Question: how is it you can ask anon., but you can't answer anon.?

Freda01

Asked by Freda01 at 7:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• A lot(not all but a good deal of them) of the anonymous questions and answers I see as being there merely to start drama. THAT I think is unfair. I can understand asking a question anonymously based on a situation. Likewise I can understand answering anonymously if you're not entirely confident in your answer etc. But those who answer or ask questions anonymously to start drama or to be arrogant and judgmental, those piss me off.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think it depends. I will sometimes ask a question anon. b/c I don't want anyone I might know on here in real life to know I'm asking it - it's very personal, or embarrassing. I sometimes answer anon. b/c I have what I think is the answer, but I'm not sure I'm right, or it's an answer that a lot of people will disagree with and I don't want them to come to my page and be nasty, or again, it's a very personal or embarrassing thing.
    I do think, though, that the ones who answer anon. just to be nasty and rude are wrong. If I want to say something mean to someone, I'm going to say it in such a way that they can defend themselves to me and maybe change my mind.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Kristi, I have to agree with you. I think that some do it to start drama too. But, it just annoys me when someone starts asking anon. and then when someone answers anon. because they don't want to let someone know how they feel cause they feel like someone will come down hard on them, it isn't fair to them. I think that the anon. is there for people who are afraid that someone they know might see their answer and start a big arguement. do You?
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I know what you mean but I don't think that's what it's intent was. I think it was there so people could answer and not be judged. We ALL know how catty some women on this site can be, most of us have been guilty of it ourselves. So when a question is asked and someone answers with a life story that is painful they should be able to answer anonymously. Take the post before this for example someone mentioned how they used to do hard drugs, they answered anonymously, I think that was a wise choice on the poster's part. However in another post someone asked a question and an anonymous commentor said the OP was "nuts". This was a case in which the anonymous option is being abused.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yes, Kristi, you are exactly right!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:16 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I think that is what bothers me about it...

If you are sharing a personal story/event, that you don't want to be common knowledge, or fodder for ridicule and judgement, that is one thing... But when all you are doing is posting some rude/ignorant comment, and you don't even have the respect for another to take responsibility for your rudeness/ignorance, thats something completely different.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 8:28 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I say, if you want to answer anonymously - go ahead! Just don't say anything you wouldn't say if your name was attached! (Of course this excludes personal tales, such as drugs, rape, etc...)

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:03 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I don't know what you're talking about....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I am talking about when people ask a question anonousmly, but when someone answers anon. they get ill, and what the person who post an answer to give their name. I fell like that is not right, if they think that the person answering a question has to give their name, then they should give their name when they ask a queston. sometimes a person has to answer anonousmly, usually for a good reason. But then sometimes they use the anon. box, just to start drama.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 20, 2008